St. Augustine and all of the Florida Coastal CommunitiesTermite Protection
Termites can cause significant structural damage to homes and business with a single colony consuming up to a pound (half a kilo) of wood each day. As social insects that establish large colonies fairly quickly, both the male and female termite feed on wood and continually work to build a nest for their eggs. The presence of termites, particularly in the spring, often indicates that a colony is well established in the near vicinity. Termites prefer decaying wood and despite causing significant damage, they often leave a physical effect that at first appears to render wood as smooth and clean. Shoreline Turf & Pest Control Inc's pest control experts are experienced at identifying and ridding any St. Augustine and all of the Florida Coastal Communities home or business from the threat of termites and protecting your property from the significant harm caused by a termite infestation.
Extensive and Expensive Termite Damage
Termites are able to adapt to ever-changing environments and can wreak more havoc than a series of natural disasters combined including hurricanes and hailstorms. Damage due to termites is estimated to be more than 1 billion annually in the US alone. Most insurance companies will not provide coverage for personal loss incurred from the ravages of a termite colony.
How to Get Rid of Termites
Following an inspection of all entry points and any areas where dry wood may be present, Shoreline formulates a planned approach that may involve chemical applications to act as a barrier between the termite colony and the wood of your building or structure. Soil trenching in and around the foundation combined with specialized injections are among the various pest control methods customized precisely for properties with termite infestations in St. Augustine and all of the Florida Coastal Communities.
Quick Tips for Preventing a Termite Infestation:
- BE PROACTIVE! Best way to protect your home is with a preventative treatment
- Avoid letting moisture accumulate near the foundation of your property
- Address excess humidity problems in crawl space areas
- Do not store firewood and other wood products near the foundation of your home
- Contact a St. Augustine pest control expert immediately if you suspect termites have established a colony on your property
Check for Termites Before Buying or Selling Your St. Augustine and all of the Florida Coastal Communities Property
Shoreline Turf & Pest Control Inc provides pest control assessments and other services to St. Augustine and all of the Florida Coastal Communities real estate agents that facilitate smooth transactions. Schedule a thorough inspection with a licensed and experienced Shoreline Turf & Pest Control Inc pest control specialist before buying or selling property St. Augustine. If you suspect you have a problem with termites in the St. Augustine region or are planning to buy or sell your home, call the pest control specialists for more information and a free assessment.
- Termites have a history dating back 250 million years
- According to the National Pest Management Association, over 5 billion dollars in damages are attributed to termite infestation in the U.S alone, each year
- Colony queens can live up to 25 years and are capable of laying an egg every 15 seconds
- Termites have been known to chew through lead, mortar, plaster and even asphalt when foraging for food
- Termites are found in every state except Alaska